Pet Friendly Jet Charter
Flying in-cabin and in-style
There are many different reasons for chartering a private aircraft to fly with your pet instead of traveling by commercial airline.
- Size - In today's world of shrinking airline seats, it is getting more and more difficult to take your pet in the cabin of the aircraft. If your best friend is over 15 pounds or more than 12 inches tall, then it will probably have to fly in the cargo hold (depending on the airline). This section of the cargo is pressurized and temperature controlled, but you might be concerned about putting your pet in the cargo hold of a commercial airline.
- Summer/Winter Embargoes - During the summer when temperature exceeds 84 degrees F on the runway, many airlines will not accept a pet as checked baggage or as cargo. During the colder months, airlines will not transport your pet if the temperatures fall below 45 degrees F.
- Number of Pets Traveling with You - Most airlines limit you to one pet per passenger in the cabin. If you have multiple pets or the pets are traveling unaccompanied, then they will need to travel as checked baggage or as cargo.
- Breed of Pet- many airlines will not accept snub nose breeds such as Persian cats, Bulldogs, Pugs and Shih-Tzus in the cargo hold as they may develop breathing problems at high altitudes.
- Immigration Requirements - many countries like the UK will only allow pets to land as manifest cargo and not in the cabin.
What can a pet owner do to avoid having to fly their pet in the hold of the aircraft?
Pet owners can contact charter companies and request a quote for flying them and their pet anywhere in the world. You can find a database of air charter operators here. Be sure and inquire as to whether they are pet friendly.
Why arrange a jet charter?
- You choose a schedule that meets your needs.
- You choose your type of aircraft.
- You choose your in-flight catering menu for you and your pet.
- Your pet always travels in the cabin with you.
- Jets are luxurious and designed to service the needs of you and your pet.
- No crowded airports or long TSA lines.
- No size or breed restrictions.
- Traveling with your pet is permitted all year long - no summer heat embargo.