Pet Passport Trinidad Tobago
Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to Trinidad and Tobago
- An Import Permit from the Ministry of Agriculture is required.
- ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
- Rabies vaccination at least 6 months but not more than one year prior to entry.
- A Blood Titer Test performed no sooner than one month after rabies vaccination and at least five months in advance of entering Trinidad and Tobago.
- Veterinarian Health Certificate for Trinidad and Tobago stating that your pet is in good health and free from infectious diseases.
- Notification to the Veterinary Officer of the scheduled time of arrival at least 24 hours prior to landing.
Entry to Trinadad and Tobago from all other countries not listed above will be subject to 6 months of quarantine.
This completes a pet passport for your dog or cat to enter Trinidad and Tobago.
Whenever you travel to a foreign country like Trinidad and Tobago, it is always advisable to carry some form of identification indicating ownership of your pet.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.
Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease
communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to
Trinidad and Tobago. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a
licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.
Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Trinidad and Tobago. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.
Need equipment for traveling with your pet? Find it all at PetTravelStore.comGOT QUESTIONS??? Please post to our blog or forum.
GOT COMMENTS??? Please enter them below. Your experiences will provide help for us all!!