Private Jet Airline Charters for Pets
Better than Flying First Class
There are many different reasons for chartering a private aircraft to transport your pet instead of traveling by commercial airline.
1. Your pet's size - In today's world of shrinking airline seats, it is getting more and more difficult to take your pet in the cabin of the aircraft. If your best friend is between 15-18 pounds or more than 10-12 inches tall then it will probably have to fly in the cargo hold (depending on the airline). This section of cargo is pressurized and temperature controlled to be nearly the same as in the cabin, you my be concerned about putting your precious pet in the cargo hold of a commercial airline.
2. Summer Heat Embargo - during the summer when temperature exceeds 84 degrees on the runway, most airlines will not accept a pet as checked baggage or air cargo. During the colder months, many airlines require an Acclimation Certificate signed by your veterinarian certifying that your pet can adjust to colder temperatures.
3. Number of pets traveling with you - all airlines have limits as to the number of pets in the cabin of the aircraft. Most airlines limit you to "one pet per passenger." If you have multiple pets or the pets are traveling unaccompanied, then will need to travel as checked baggage or air cargo.
4. Brachycephalic breeds - many airlines will not accept snub nose breeds such as bulldogs, pugs, and Shih-Tzus in the cargo hold as they may develop breathing problems at high altitudes.
5. Pet import requirements - many countries will only accept pets as air cargo and not in the cabin.
6. Length of flight - during long flights, owners may want to ensure that their pet is hydrated and comfortable. Flying on a private charter will allow the owner to give them that extra attention.
|Routing (One Way)||Group Size||Suggested Aircraft||Prices Start At|
|New York - Los Angeles||Group of 6-10 + pets||Supermid or Heavy Jet||$35,000USD each way|
|Miami to NY City||Group of 4-6 + pets||Light Jet||$12,000 - $15,000USD each way|
|Houston to Costa Rica||Group of 4-6 + pets||Midsize Jet||$26,000- $32,000USD each direction|
|New York to London||Group of 1-14 + pets||Heavy Jet||$90,000 - $130,000USD each direction|
|Atlanta, GA to Italy||Group of 1-14 + pets||Heavy Jet||$120,000USD each direction|
Why is chartering a jet so expensive?
Remember that you are reserving the entire plane just for your flight, on your schedule, and you have your very own private pilots. Also, all of the extra steps from reviewing the charter company's operating certificate, safety record, and insurance policies, are handled for you. This will offer you peace of mind knowing that all qualifications have been vetted beforehand.
We have partnered with Air Charter Advisors, a Wyvern Broker, dedicated to passenger safety and business transparency, to offer pet friendly private charter jet services that will allow pets to travel in the cabin with you worldwide.
Private charters can cost from ten thousand USD to tens of thousands of dollars if you want to fly overseas. However, there are ways to cut the costs.
Consider a turbo prop aircraft instead of a jet. It takes a little longer and maybe is not quite as grand, but it costs a lot less.
Consider traveling in a group. A pet friendly vacation with your friends who have pets and want to bring them along can lower the price for everyone. Note that one party must be responsible for the charter.
It is very important to know the policies of the charter service when transporting your pet. Last minute surprises are not what anyone needs.
A bit of extra effort on your part can pay off in a big way when it comes to the safety and comfort of you and your pet. Consider a pet friendly private charter for less-stress travel.
Find more information on private jet airline charters, both within the United States and worldwide.
Need More Information?
Let us know how we can help. We would also welcome your comments or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.