Thread: Russia Transit Area Stay Requirements for Cats?

Question Russia Transit Area Stay Requirements for Cats?

Hi!

I am planning to travel to Switzerland (Geneva) with my cat, a 2-year-old male, and I will probably be flying with the Russian airline Aeroflot. I will take my cat with me inside the cabin. The flights from my country to Geneva have 3-hour layovers in Moscow (Sheremetyevo airport). So I want to know are there any legal requirements or permits I might need to obtain in advance from the Russian authorities for staying in the transit area of the airport with my cat?

I have checked the "Import, Export, Transit" section of Rosselkhoznadzor website (the Russian Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance), but couldn't find any relevant info. Any help will be highly appreciated!

P.S. I will be flying from a country with high risk of rabies, but my cat has been properly vaccinated.

Administrator

Re: Russia Transit Area Stay Requirements for Cats?

skeptic_mind - as long as you fly in and out of Moscow on the same airline, then you will stay in the secure area of the airport until you board your next flight. Do not clear security or customs.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    skeptic_mind - as long as you fly in and out of Moscow on the same airline, then you will stay in the secure area of the airport until you board your next flight. Do not clear security or customs.
    Jason
    Thank you very much for your reply, Jason! So this means nothing is required for the short stay in the Russian airport, right?

Administrator

You and your cat will not be entering the Russian Federation so documentation for entering the country will not be required. We have no knowledge of the requirement of a transit permit.
    Jason