Thread: relocating 2 small dogs from Ireland to Australia.

relocating 2 small dogs from Ireland to Australia.

Travelling back to Australia with my two small dogs from Ireland. How is the best way to do this?. one is 10kgs and the other 12kgs. Can hey come in cabin with me? What airlines fly from ireland to Australia that allow dogs as cary ons or as cargo?
    I flew them here 5 years ago with a company called Jet Pets and my dogs were very very traumatised when I picked them up.......it broke my heart, I just cant put them through anything like that again. Pls help...all suggestions much appreciated.

Administrator

Re: relocating 2 small dogs from Ireland to Australia.

aglgirl - you can find requirements to import your dogs to Australia here: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/australia.cfm. the process will take a minimum of 180 days to complete unless your dogs have received a rabies titer test within the past 24 months. According to Australia's regulations, your dogs must arrive as air cargo in Melbourne for a mandatory 10 days of quarantine. We are not aware of any options by sea. Australia is a rabies-free country and so, the requirements are pretty strict.
    Susan

Thank you for your help Susan

Administrator

Welcome. Let us know if you have additional questions.