Thread: Flying with a dog. Avoid Ďaia petsí at all costs

Cool Flying with a dog. Avoid Ďaia petsí at all costs

Absolutely SHOCKING experience with this company whilst trying to take my little cockapoo to cyprus by air. The staff were complacent and ignorant to almost every need and concern I had from the very start, they failed to tell me the correct information that they had only booked tickets for the dog and put her on a different flight to me, up to the day before I emigrated, where they gave me FURTHER INCORRECT instructions. They do not like having to do Ďthe workí to assist you and want YOU to do all the runaround FOR THEM. Even after all was done I have requested directly from one of the shareholders to recoup some of the cost for the mistakes made which cost me money and nerves in the end to which has been fully rejected and I am the one required to take any blame or responsibility. Could not have picked a WORSER company at such an important time. Completely dissatisfied and unhappy and was upset the condition my pet arrived in at the other end, not even water in the cage in 35 degree heat. Thatís a NO FROM ME 😡🤚🏼

Administrator

Re: Flying with a dog. Avoid Ďaia petsí at all costs

Kim - we deeply regret that you had issues when using AIA Pets to relocate your cockapoo. We would note that we have no affiliation with this company.

We would hope that you know that pet transporters are certainly responsible for all pre-travel and booking arrangements as well as customs clearance and delivery. Once the pet is checked in, it is under the airline's responsibility. Certainly the airline should keep a log on how your bird was handled.

The industry strives for high performance standards and it is discouraging to hear of disappointing experiences from pet owners.

Susan

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. If you have to travel next time, maybe you could consider the ESA method.

I had airsickness since the first time I traveled by airplane. So I was afraid of flying to anyplace. Later, my doctor said that it was related to my anxiety and overstrain, he suggested me find a reliable companion on the next trip, and my dog is a good option. Then I googled and found lots of previous cases for reference. Finally, I registered my dog as an ESA, and successfully took a trip with him! The most magical is my airsickness really gets rid of me! It’s very amazing! So, I wanna share some info that I found.

Many airlines in the US allow emotional support dogs into the cabin.

Here are some tips for flying with your ESA dog/pup:

1. Before booking the ticket, go to the airline company website, confirm whether they have “pet-allowed (in cabin) policy”
    2. Search the ESA requirements on the airline website or call them directly. Ask them the materials that you should prepare for your dog, such as an ESA certification, ESA letter, certificate of rabies vaccine, and health report.
    3. Notify them you have an ESA dog at least 48 hours before take-off. Tell them dog’s breed and size honestly, so as to arrange a suitable seat for you.
    4. Commonly, there is no extra fee for an ESA in the cabin.

There are two recommanded websites I found:
    Airlines: www.sheknows.com/pets-and-animals/articles/974085/airlines-that-allow-pets-in-cabin
    ESA: www.supportdogcertification.org/esa

Good luck!

Administrator

Here is another article on service and ESA animals for many major airlines: https://www.pettravel.com/blog/index.php/emotional-support-service-animals-airline-policies-and-how-they-are-changing/

The price is the same, whether your pet stays in the cabin with you or in baggage hold.
    American Airlines: The fees vary, but it costs $125 per kennel to have your pet in the cabin.
    The fee is $200 per kennel in cargo.
    Frontier: They charge $75 each way, and you're limited to one pet per flight.

And, if you want your pet to fly in the cabin, you'll need to purchase an airline-compliant pet carrier, which can cost from $30 up to $250, according to Consumer Reports. Alternatively, having your pet fly in the cargo hold can range anywhere from a few hundred to well over $1,000.
    Carry on, check or transport your pets. Depending on the animals' breed, size and requirements, they can travel as a carry-on, be checked or transported with American Airlines Cargo. With the exception of a few breed restrictions, you can only travel with cats and dogs.
    Last edited by kingbill; 02-21-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: traveling with dog

Informative thread.