Thread: Travel with pet in Europe

Travel with pet in Europe

We have taken our two dogs to Austria two years running and have found it to be very pet-friendly. Dogs are allowed in every restaurant and shop, on trains, even on ski lifts. They are not allowed in food shops and supermarkets, but otherwise everywhere else. Most hotels welcome them too. We have also taken them to France and Germany which are dog-friendly, the only place we'e found that isn't great is the UK.

Re: Travel with pet in Europe

So, I believe Europe would be a better destination to travel with my dog.

I took my dogs to Spain this summer. No issues at all I must say. I was in Marbella and dogs are not allowed on public beaches (at least it's written like this) but I saw a lot of people walking with them on the beach. Plus there was a huge promenade where we used to walk every morning and evening. It was fantastic . Accommodation I booked through this website tranio.com as they answered my request pretty fast and detailed. No issues as well.

Canada is a good option. I want to take my dogs to the beaches on a sunny day. Many beaches in Canada are friendly to four-legged animals! Here are some recommends: www.supportdogcertification.org/article/top-dog-friendly-beaches-canada

It is wonderful! Especially when pets like to travel regardless of where you are going. I do not know why your dogs did not like Britain, but I have a pet, his name is Lucky, and we often travel in recent years. The last trip was to Kiev, I booked the hotel on the site, and worried that Lucky would like it there, experienced at the expense of everything: food, accommodation, climate. But when they arrived, I was very happy, because it was a great place, and the dog immediately liked it. The food is magnificent, the staff is friendly, Lucky felt like a king. We spent there only a week, but already want to come back again, especially want to say for leisure, both for me and for my little friend.

Cool Re: Travel with pet in Europe

Glad to know that Europe is so pet-friendly – as opposed to the US (at least such was my experience). In Florida for example some beaches are completely dog-free. Those beaches where pets are allowed have dog designated areas which you are not allowed to trespass if your pet is with you. I find it rather frustrating. Guess next time I want to travel with my dog I’ll go to Europe!