Thread: US to EU, via UK. Any additional Requirements?

US to EU, via UK. Any additional Requirements?

Hi All,

My family, including our two dogs, is moving to Spain late next month. We are booked on a British Airways flight from SFO to LHR, then LHR to MAD. Both flights are on a single itinerary. I understand from speaking to the BA pet desk that I can book the pets no sooner than 14 days before our departure.

Because we arrive in London after 5 PM, we have been informed by IAG cargo/BA that the dogs will be transported to the Animal Reception Center before being put on the first flight to Madrid in the morning. So far, we have been following the EU import guidelines. The question is, does any additional requirement specific to the UK apply to our dogs since they will transit through London? I understand that if we claimed the dogs and cleared customs, following the UK requirements would be necessary, but if I understand correctly, IAG cargo is handling all their moves from SFO to MAD. It isn't clear to me whether the dogs enter the UK from a customs perspective when they transit via Heathrow overnight.

Anyone done a move to the EU through the UK? Can you advise on the process, if possible?

Administrator

Re: US to EU, via UK. Any additional Requirements?

iamlindoro - the regulations for entering the UK are the same as they are for entering Spain with the exception of a tapeworm treatment. As a licensed agent will be transporting your pets to and from the ARC and they will not be released to you, they will not be entering the UK, but simply transiting.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    iamlindoro - the regulations for entering the UK are the same as they are for entering Spain with the exception of a tapeworm treatment. As a licensed agent will be transporting your pets to and from the ARC and they will not be released to you, they will not be entering the UK, but simply transiting.
    Phil
    Perfect, exactly the info I needed. Thank you very much!

any help or questions our pet travel Company is based in Spain
    0034642332236 speak to In @ Paws Transport happy to help with any logistical questions

Quote Originally Posted by iamlindoro View Post
    Hi All,

My family, including our two dogs, is moving to Spain late next month. We are booked on a British Airways flight from SFO to LHR, then LHR to MAD. Both flights are on a single itinerary. I understand from speaking to the BA pet desk that I can book the pets no sooner than 14 days before our departure.

Because we arrive in London after 5 PM, we have been informed by IAG cargo/BA that the dogs will be transported to the Animal Reception Center before being put on the first flight to Madrid in the morning. So far, we have been following the EU import guidelines. The question is, does any additional requirement specific to the UK apply to our dogs since they will transit through London? I understand that if we claimed the dogs and cleared customs, following the UK requirements would be necessary, but if I understand correctly, IAG cargo is handling all their moves from SFO to MAD. It isn't clear to me whether the dogs enter the UK from a customs perspective when they transit via Heathrow overnight.

Anyone done a move to the EU through the UK? Can you advise on the process, if possible?