Thread: Taking my guinea pigs from UK to India

Taking my guinea pigs from UK to India

I'm an Indian living in the UK with my two guinea pigs. I was planning on going back home for a month (in April) and was wondering if I could take my piggies with me.

I know there are guinea pigs in India, but due to the difference in weather, is it wise to take guinea pigs from the UK to India?

If yes, I was wondering if it would be possible for us to fly with our two guinea pigs from London (preferably LHR) to Goa (GOI). Can they be kept in the cabin or should they be put in cargo? If itís cargo, are their small plastic carry cages enough or do I need some special cages to be arranged?

Additionally, are there any formalities that need to be done before I can take my guinea pigs to Goa?

Administrator

Re: Taking my guinea pigs from UK to India

Resley - you can find requirements to import your guinea pigs to India here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/india.cfm (step 10). There are Facebook questions and comments at the bottom of the page as well.

Hi, You can find you answer here.

Administrator

Reslay - navigate to this page and scroll down to Facebook and confirm with Alok what the requirements are for importing guinea pigs to India. http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/india.cfm. They must arrive as checked baggage or air cargo.
    Jason