Thread: How to drive dog from turkey to UK

Cool How to drive dog from turkey to UK

I cannot find the answer to this question anywhere. So my husband and I are planning on driving from turkey to the UK (yes, i mean driving a van while we travel), to finally bring our dog into the UK without having to go through horrible cargo holds etc on planes. What do I need to do to pass all the borders? At the moment, he is microchipped, and vaccinated against rabies 21 days ago, and his blood sample is sent to an EU approved lab in Turkey to be waited 3 months prior to travelling form turkey. Is it possible to go through Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Belgium, France, and finally to the UK?

thanks

Administrator

Re: How to drive dog from turkey to UK

Hazelstubbs - you will get an EU health certificate for the first EU country you enter and that form will be good for entering any EU country for 4 months or until your pet's rabies vaccination expires, whichever comes first. Don't forget the tapeworm requirement administered by a licensed veterinarian between one and five days of entering the UK Makes no difference what country the test is administered in. Have the vet update your pet's EU health certificate.
    Susan