Thread: should i check my pet in or bring her in the cabin?

should i check my pet in or bring her in the cabin?

i've read in other forums that its better to bring pets as checked luggage and that they go in a separate area. my concern is that she might get lost. i'm worried about my luggage getting lost, if my cat gets lost i'll go CRAZY!!! i'm flying from toronto to zurich then zurich to milan. if it was direct i would check her in, but there's a transfer. what should i do?

You mention pets so I assume there is more than one. If you only had one small pet then it might be able to travel in the cabin with you. Most airlines are very careful when handling pet animals as checked baggage. They are placed in a special secition of the cargo hold where the temperature and pressure is about the same as in the cabin. They are the last item on the plane and the first off. As long as the pets are on the same airline all the way through to Milan you should have no problems. If they change airlines that can create a problem as the airlines do not interline pets. If you need the complete instructions and forms for Italy or the airline rules for any airline visit [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url].
    Jerry

gigi
    I'm sure Jerry is giving you great advice. I just can't be away from my pet for that long. I always carry on whenever possible just for the peace of mind. I wish I could feel comfortable about checking in my dog, but I just can't. I guess if I were traveling with more than one, I'd be forced to check them in and maybe I would get used to it.

If the pet is traveling as checked baggage and you change airlines in Switzerland then you will need to only check the pet as far as switzerland and pick it up to be taken through immigration. You will then check the pet on the next flight to Italy. If the pet is on the same airline the entire trip then the airline will move the pet from one plant to the next.
    You will need the immigration forms for both countries. [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] and then click on Pet Passports - Immigration Info

When traveling with your pets where it's not a direct flight, I would also be concerned about weather conditions. For instance if you were making a stop over in a very frigid climate, I would be concerned for pets that are more sensitive to cold climates. The same thing for very hot climates. If it's 90 degrees in a city that you are flying into, then it's probably 110 or 120 on the tarmac at the airport. Just make sure you are aware of the climates and ask the airlines what they do or can do to make sure your animals aren't left outside for very long.

Re: should i check my pet in or bring her in the cabin?

As far as I was aware no pets were allowed in the cabin? And many airlines (especially on smaller, domestic flights) have particular rules as to what animals can go in the hold. I know a lot of airlines have restrictions as to WHEN you can take animals. My mother tried to take her Golden retriever to Edinburgh with her in February last year and the airline wouldn't allow it as temperatures would have been too low.... Obviously every airline is different but just thought I'd put it out there.

Because it involves animals, it is also related to the airlines. Because each had a separate regulation

The cabin with you. Most airlines are very careful when handling pet animals as checked baggage. They are placed in a special secition of the cargo hold where the temperature and pressure is about the same as in the cabin. They are the last item on the plane and the first off.
    Are you worried about [url=http://www.vceexams.com/vce-exam/]vce exams player[/url] prep and certification practice [url=http://www.mica.edu/]mica[/url] Check out our latest resources for