Thread: Singapore Travel Tips – For a Safe, Pleasurable Tour

Singapore Travel Tips – For a Safe, Pleasurable Tour

Singapore is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world and loved by both backpackers and business travelers. The travel tips listed below will help you enjoy a pleasurable and safe vacation in this city/country.

Singapore features hot and humid climate. So opt for light clothes, hats, sunglasses, and other sun-protective items.
    The laws in Singapore are very strict and severe. Acquaint yourself with all the laws before travelling. A few are listed below.
    Trafficking narcotics carries capital punishment, while consumption is punishable with imprisonment. Trafficking other drugs comes with a maximum prison sentence of 20 years.
    Smoking is not allowed in public places, including restaurants. It is allowed in discos, pubs, and nig***lubs.
    Jaywalking, spitting, and littering are prohibited and monetarily penalized. You will also get fined for not flushing the toilet after use.
    Chewing gum is banned and smuggling it into the country is an offence.
    All forms of gambling other than Toto lottery, Singapore Sweep lottery, charity draws, and betting on horseracing at the Singapore Turf Club, are illegal.
    Singapore is home to numerous restaurants and fine dining houses. A wide variety of global cuisines, including herbal food are served in the city. Hawker food stalls come with self-service. Sharing a table with others is common. Tipping the waiter is not recommended or practiced, especially at places that levy a service charge. The Singapore Food Festival occurs in April.
    The public transport system is super-efficient and the cleanest in the world. Taxis are affordable and easily accessible, while buses are punctual and plenty. The MRT/Mass Rapid Transport subway system is the best way to travel around the city. Tourists can also go for boat rides across Singapore River.
    Singapore, with its mega malls, boutiques, department stores, and bargain stores, is considered as the ‘Shopping capital of Asia.’ Tourists who spend more than $300 on shopping can apply for a refund of the GST tax levied on the goods. The Great Singapore Sale occurs between June and July.
    A few tourist attractions in Singapore include:
    The Merlion Park at Marina Bay features the Merlion statue which is globally recognized as a symbol of this city/country. The Merlion has the body of a fish and the head of a statue. A stream of water constantly flows out from its mouth.
    Singapore flyer at Marina Bay is the tallest Ferris wheel on earth. Each ride lasts for 30 minutes and offers fabulous views of the striking landscape, including views of neighboring countries like Malaysia and Indonesia!
    Chinatown is known for its culture and heritage as well as fantastic shopping experiences. Famous attractions include the Sri Mariamman Temple and the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum.
    The Esplanade theatres at Marina Bay offer varied attractions like a concert hall, spectacular performing arts exhibitions, art gallery, shopping mall, and a performing arts library.
    The lotus-shaped ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay is the first science and art museum on the planet. Visiting it is both educational and entertaining.
    Other major tourist attractions include the Sentosa Island, Masjid Sultan, the Botanic Gardens, the National Museum of Singapore, Pulau Ubin Island, Little India, the Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery, and the Jurong Bird Park.
    Singapore despite being densely populated has half of its land covered with lush greenery and natural reserves. The country has more than 50 parks with towering skyscrapers, tropical weather, good shopping, amazing night life and wonderful food. Keep in mind the aforementioned Singapore travel tips and make the best of your travel to the garden city – Singapore.

Re: Singapore Travel Tips – For a Safe, Pleasurable Tour

Destinationyou is the best tour guide blogging site for pets also from where you can find the travelling tips and read interesting Hong Kong travel experience blogs.

juanito

Good travel tips (travel-tourist-information-guide.com/singapore-top-best-things-to-do-free-activities-parks-museums-tours) in visiting Singapore. It is indeed one of the most famous countries that tourists frequented. Also, Singapore is very pet-friendly. Traveling with pets will not be that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonyaraminta View Post
    Destinationyou is the best tour guide blogging site for pets also from where you can find the travelling tips and read interesting Hong Kong travel experience blogs.
    Thanks a lot for this Bryonyaraminta. It is really very helpful. I really appreciate your help.

Hello,

I'm also planning to go Singapore or California for a vacation tour in April, but I don't have any idea where to go, I'm too confused what place will be the best for vacation tour with my family. If anyone knows please tell me and please get me some travelling tips .And "traveltipnets" you shared the good information of travelling in singapore thankyou for such a good information. Please suggest me with the best place where should i go singapore or california.
    Thank you!

Thanks for sharing!
    It applies in most countries with a similar climate and social context.