Thread: Travel to UAE with Service Dog: Mini Poodle

Travel to UAE with Service Dog: Mini Poodle

Can I take my mini poodle to dubai for a month long vacation. He is a certified service animal. I know the service animal certificate works well in the US but am not sure about how they will handle him on arrival at the airport. I presume I'll take united to dubai as a direct flight but would like to know if there will be any problems in and out of uae with my pet.

Has anyone done this with UAE?

Administrator

Re: Travel to UAE with Service Dog: Mini Poodle

Hello Navigates - the UAE does not recognize service animal status and your Poodle must arrive in Dubai as manifest cargo. You can find regulations for taking a pet to the UAE here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedArabEmirates.cfm.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hello Navigates - the UAE does not recognize service animal status and your Poodle must arrive in Dubai as manifest cargo. You can find regulations for taking a pet to the UAE here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedArabEmirates.cfm.
    Susan
    Hi Susan. My wife had taken our pet when he was a baby in hand and he was a service pet. Delta had no issues with the dog in hand travelling to the UAE. One point here I must say is that the airline should be a US airline. Emirates, Etihad, KLM wouldn't entertain. Surprisingly, no issues when taken him out in hand and we also got him back to the US without any issues. I'm a little more careful these days as I don't want to have any issues. he's our son.

Hi Susan. I discussed with United and they are ok with me taking him in my hand but are not sure of the rules of UAE and have asked me to check. Do you know what is required ? he is on top on his Vaccinations. Appreciate your help.

if you are taking your pet with you from states to Dubai, its not an issue, this will be welcomed here. But only problem is with that the flight how would you take it to Dubai because the local Airlines of UAE like Etihad, Fly Emirates and Air Arabia don't facilitate with the pet travelling.