Thread: Moving from California to Costa Rica in May 2013 with two 90 lbs golden retrievers

Moving from California to Costa Rica in May 2013 with two 90 lbs golden retrievers

Can anyone help me choose the best airline traveling from California to Costa Rica with my two 90 lbs. golden retrievers? I will be moving there at the end of May 2013, leaving from LAX to San Jose, CR. Has anyone done this lately?

Administrator

Re: Moving from California to Costa Rica in May 2013 with two 90 lbs golden retriever

Not sure where you are flying from in California, but you may want to start with TACA Airlines. They have direct service from LAX to SJO. If that does not work out, American Airlines may be your next best option. You need to keep your pups on the same airline for the entire route as the airlines do not interline pets.
    Susan

Re: Moving from California to Costa Rica in May 2013 with two 90 lbs golden retriever

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Not sure where you are flying from in California, but you may want to start with TACA Airlines. They have direct service from LAX to SJO. If that does not work out, American Airlines may be your next best option. You need to keep your pups on the same airline for the entire route as the airlines do not interline pets.
    Susan
    I am flying out of LAX. I already called TACA, they only take one animal per passenger. I have two dogs and I am alone. American Airlines only accepts a total of 100 lbs for the dog and kennel. Each one of my dogs weigh 90 lbs and the kennel is another 32 lbs. so American Airlines is also out. United Airlines (consolidated with Continental Airlines) looks like my best choice, although they are expensive.

Administrator

Verify that United will not require the services of a pet transporter to handle the transaction.
    Susan

[QUOTE=zeeshan002;5778]Not sure where you are flying from in California, but you may want to start with TACA Airlines. They have direct service from LAX to SJO. If that does not work out, American Airlines may be your next best option. You need to keep your pups on the same airline for the entire route as the airlines do not int