Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing my dogs from the Philippines to the U.S.

Question Bringing my dogs from the Philippines to the U.S.

Hey guys, I am planning to bring my 2 shih tzus here in the US.
    I have read several sites about pet travel and would like to seek more inputs from actual owners who brought their loved pets with them in international travel.

Can anyone recommend to me a good (I should say better) website so I can do my prep works?

I plan to checked them in as baggages (dont want to ship them, unless anybody from here thinks that it's a better for the dogs), I am always travelling via Delta Airlines, any tips?

Any idea on the cost on customs? I've read that i need to declare them in the customs card, will there be any fees on the point of entry?

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Bringing my dogs from the Philippines to the U.S.

Hello. I can see this is quite an old post. But I would like to know how things went with your bringing your dogs to the U.S. from the Philippines. I wish you would help me.
    I am bringing my mini-dachshund to the U.S. from the Philippines. She weighs less than 5kgs. I would be happy if I could carry her to the cabin with me. She has updated vaccinations and anti-rabies shots. Any advice? Thanks very much.

Hi :-) I'm happy to help!

We flew thru Delta, and I cant say how much I appreciate the Delta crew members in making our flight, especially for my 2 dogs, really really comfortable.
    I bought their 'recommended' in-flight kennel, which is a soft, collapsible kennel like this - http://hunch.com/item/hn_1881853/delta-airlines-approved-sherpa-soft-kennel/
    they perfectly fit under the seats in front of me!

The dogs were allowed in-cabin, as long as they can fit in the kennel, and can move pretty easily. The kennel is considered as one (1) carry on baggage.
    You need to get a export permit from Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI), their office is located in Visayas Ave, Q.C. you dont need to bring your dog there, just bring the 'health certificate' from your dog's vet. Note that the 'health certificate' expires after 10 days.

Depending on your port of entry, you might need to check with the state veterinarian if you need an import permit for your dog.
    But per CDC - you just only need to present the BAI permit (that will show that your dog has updated rabies vaccination).

This website helped me a lot during my research - http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html

If you have more questions, feel free to ask :-) I hope you and your dog have a smooth travel!

Quote Originally Posted by beck19 View Post

We flew thru Delta, and I cant say how much I appreciate the Delta crew members in making our flight, especially for my 2 dogs, really really comfortable.
    I bought their 'recommended' in-flight kennel, which is a soft, collapsible kennel like this - http://hunch.com/item/hn_1881853/delta-airlines-approved-sherpa-soft-kennel/

The dogs were allowed in-cabin, as long as they can fit in the kennel, and can move pretty easily. The kennel is considered as one (1) carry on baggage.
    You need to get a export permit from Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI), their office is located in Visayas Ave, Q.C. you dont need to bring your dog there, just bring the 'health certificate' from your dog's vet. Note that the 'health certificate' expires after 10 days.

Depending on your port of entry, you might need to check with the state veterinarian if you need an import permit for your dog.
    But per CDC - you just only need to present the BAI permit (that will show that your dog has updated rabies vaccination).

This website helped me a lot during my research - http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html

If you have more questions, feel free to ask :-) I hope you and your dog have a smooth travel!
    Hi! I have a full grown toy Eskie. I was just wondering if she could fit in the cabin? How much did it cost you to fly your dogs on Delta? I hope you can help me with this. Thanks so much!

Hi i saw this thread though it's an old post hoping I can get a help
    Here. I am already booked my flight from
    Phils to Baltimore. Dec 11. I'm bringing my shih tzu with me, I would like to know where did u buy the kennel? I have search the whole Manila but I can't find one. Also what is the size of your shih??mine is 8kl and about 19 inches lenght and 10inches height. Will we gonna have any problem with tHat!! Delta told me
    It's only 13x10x15 is the allowed kennel size. Do u have any contact number that we can contact u and Asked about this?? Can u send me email please. thin2x06@gmail.com. Thank you so much

hello, i would love to ask how you booked your flight in delta knowing that you're bringing your pet dogs with you too, thank you so much!

Try contacting w2c.ca/en/carriers/ in case you're still interested. I heard they take care of the paperwork as well.

Administrator

Ground transport from the Philippines?

Hi! I just want to ask for the requirements needed to travel a dog to US? Do blood work still needed? Thank you.

Administrator

Ursula - here are the requirements to import our dog to the United States. No blood work needed: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedstates.cfm.
    Jason