Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadtrips with pets

sasanchez

Roadtrips with pets

Whenever we would take our Samoyed dog Bijou on long road trips we would make sure to walk him before so he could get his energy out and go the bathroom. Make sure your dog is micro-chipped and has a collar with tag on to be on the safe side. We made sure to take frequent stops along the journey so we all were happy campers. Dogs are so fun to take on road trips; seeing them delight in sticking their head out the window and explore a new place. I would highly recommend it!

I've traveled between Illinois and California with my cat many times by car. Usually not a good idea! My cat is so great though. She prefers to relax inside her litterbox, but occasionally will grace me with her companionship along the rout, and even watch the cars. After doing this about four times, it's amazing how she's actually come to recognize different places we frequent along the way, and even gets excited when she seems to know we're almost home! The only hard part is finding pet-friendly hotels, and having to leave my furry baby in car for food and bathroom breaks. (we only travel when the temperature is safe enough to do that though.)

Re: Roadtrips with pets

I agree with you, i use to do road travel with my dog and i make sure we have this stop over to give way on his call of nature thingy

Hello Friends......

I loved traveling and now i am looking to go any exotic location this year with my family.................But i want to know that is it possible to traveling with a pet ????........Please helps me and suggest me what can i do whenever i travel with my pet..................
    Last edited by Campbell; 02-28-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: No linkbacks

It is hard to travel with pets, often if you are just going somewhere within your same state. Frequent stops and lots of walks does get you out of the car to stretch your own legs at least.

Speaking of having your dog microchipped, did you happen to see the story about the lab who was returned to its owners four years later - they were able to locate the dog from its microchip. More successful pet stories: http://bit.ly/heunlX

This is why microchips are so important. Thank you for sharing this reeseo.

Quote Originally Posted by reeseo View Post
    Speaking of having your dog microchipped, did you happen to see the story about the lab who was returned to its owners four years later - they were able to locate the dog from its microchip. More successful pet stories: http://bit.ly/heunlX

Even a domesticated dog can get unruly during road trips. I brought my yorkie once on a road trip to Las Vegas and we had to stop once in a while, not for ourselves but for my dog to exhaust his energy. He is such a ball of unlimited energy and fur. It is not a good idea to bring them on road trips where continuation is important.

I agree. In addition, make sure you check with your pet's Vet prior to travel. The vet can recommend medicines that can help keep your pet relaxed during journey, as well examine for any issues that may need to be handled first.
    The Rental Management Company

When you have been there?