X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynthiablue
    replied
    Re: Puppy from Germany to USA

Thanks for the information! I've decided to fly with SAS as they seem to be very good about flying puppies.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Cynthiablue - according to the folks we have spoken to at Lufthansa said that the minimum age that a puppy can fly is according to the regulations of the country they are entering. Germany's requirements for exporting your puppy may also drive the minimum age. Several EU countries require that puppies are chipped and vaccinated and wait for 21 days before leaving for any country.

The class of service under which your puppy is traveling will affect the price. If you are flying with it, then you should be able to fly your puppy in the cabin. You may want to check with them again or contact BMEL to ask about German requirements.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Cynthiablue
    replied

Ugh I'm so frustrated. Without being able to fly United, Delta or American the flights cost so much.

I called Condor and the guy who answered said to fly a puppy from the EU to the USA is the same as within the EU so 16 weeks. But I don't think he really knew what he was talking about.

Looks like I'm going to have to pay a lot more and take Lufthansa.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthiablue
    replied

Oh wow thanks that's awesome! I don't even know where to ask.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

We have emailed BMEL in Germany asking them for export requirements. Will let you know when we receive a response.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Cynthiablue
    replied

I actually live in the USA so I kinda think of it as importing a puppy from Germany to the USA. The Condor flight I am looking at is a direct flight from Frankfurt to Las Vegas, and then LV to SLC, UT.

The duration is pretty long, but I've imported puppies before for that length of flight and they have been fine. So I don't have a vet in the country of orgin, and also the breeder's vet doesn't know the rules. They can change so much.

Thanks for the reply!

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Cynthiablue - it really depends on the route you are traveling and which airline flies it most directly. US-based airlines have imposed restrictions on flight duration. American will not fly pets in the cabin on trans Atlantic or Pacific flights. Lufthansa will fly your puppy in the cabin and their minimum age will depend on the regulations of the destination country. You should ask your veterinarian about exporting your puppy from Germany.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Cynthiablue
    started a topic Puppy from Germany to USA

Puppy from Germany to USA

Goodness the rules have changed so much since imported a puppy from Sweden in 2013. I flew Delta back then.

Now Delta is not allowing dogs under 16 weeks international, is that correct? And also not on flights over 8 hours?

Also looks like American and United also have the 16 week rule.

So I'm looking at Condor. They seem to have a rule that puppies in the EU have to be 16 weeks but I don't see anything online about flights from the EU to the USA?

I guess my other options are Lufthansa or SAS?

I'd love advice thanks!
Working...
X