Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat persian to US

Hello,
    I am traveling from Romania to US (Romania-Warsaw-Toronto-Memphis) next month with my persian cat. I booked reservation and paid to take the cat on cargo from Romania to Canada on LOT Polish Airlines . I called Air Canada Airlines and have the reservation for cargo for the flight from Toronto to Memphis and they told me I will pay in Toronto for that.
    I have some questions and I hope somebody can help me:
    1. Except international passport, microchip, blood titer for rabies, rabies vaccination and health certificate do I need something else?
    2. My rabies vaccination is valid until may 20 and I leave on the may 11. Do I have to make her another rabies vaccination?
    3. If I have a stop in Warsaw of 8 h what will happen with the cat during my layover in the airport?
    4. I have to take the cat in Toronto and check it again for cargo in the airport for the next flight?

Re: Cat persian to US

Cristina - here are the answers to your questins:

1. Except international passport, microchip, blood titer for rabies, rabies vaccination and health certificate do I need something else? NOTHING ELSE REQUIRED TO ENTER US
    2. My rabies vaccination is valid until may 20 and I leave on the may 11. Do I have to make her another rabies vaccination? GET YOUR CAT VACCINATED FOR RABIES BEFORE LEAVING ROMANIA AND HAVE YOUR VET RECORD IT IN THE EU PET PASSPORT - EASIER TO RETURN TO ROMANIA IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO
    3. If I have a stop in Warsaw of 8 h what will happen with the cat during my layover in the airport? YOU NEED TO CONTACT LOT AND ASK IF THEY WILL HOLD YOUR CAT OR WHETHER YOU WILL NEED TO CLAIM AND RECHECK IT. 8 HOURS IS A LONG TIME FOR THE AIRLINES TO HOLD YOUR CAT.
    4. I have to take the cat in Toronto and check it again for cargo in the airport for the next flight? AS LONG AS YOU ARE STAYING ON LOT IN AND OUT OF TORONTO, THEN NO. IF YOU ARE CHANGING AIRLINE COMPANIES, THEN YOU WILL NEED TO CLAIM YOUR CAT IN TORONTO AND RECHECK IT ON THE NEXT AIRLINE. THIS WILL CAUSE YOU TO CLEAR CUSTOMS IN CANADA. (YOU HAVE ALL REQUIREMENTS MET TO DO THIS). NO VET VISIT NECESSARY. YOUR NEXT FLIGHT TO MEMPHIS SHOULD BE ON THE SAME ITINERARY AS THE LOT FLIGHTS.

Comment

Thank you so much for your informations. You've been really helpful ��

Comment

Great information shared.

Comment

Working...
        X