Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel from Philippines to US with a dog, should I hire a pet travel agency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel from Philippines to US with a dog, should I hire a pet travel agency?

I'll be flying back to the US in August with a dog this time. His vaccinations are complete and he's got microchip implanted since last year. It's the first time we'd travel with a pet so I have no idea what to expect. Do any of you hire a Pet Travel Agent to handle the move or do you add your pet as a cargo? My dog is used not to urinate nor defecate in his dog cage. It will be his first time to travel this far though. Any suggestions or ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Re: Travel from Philippines to US with a dog, should I hire a pet travel agency?

J Castro - as you are flying with your dog as checked baggage, there should be no reason to hire an agent unless your airline requires it. (we have not heard that they do out of the Philippines). You will need to take care in booking. Take the most direct flight available and stay on the same airline into the United States and keep layovers short. The Philippines is a high-rabies country and you do not want to enter any country along the way. Changing airline companies will require you to do this. The clearance process in the United States should not be difficult as long as you follow procedures here: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedstates.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Travel from Philippines to US with a dog, should I hire a pet travel agency?

Thank you Susan! Greatly appreciate your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X