Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter to the US by airline and go to Canada by car after

Hello,

I am planning a flight with my family and our chihuahua in-cabin to Canada from Russia this summer. We are Canadians and our home address is in Ontario. An airline allows us to carry the dog.

Could you please advise if it is possible to arrive at JFK airport in New York by airlines and after that to travel by car to Canada crossing the board probably in Niagara Falls? What documents must we have? Are we allowed to enter to the United States with the dog if we are not US residents?

Unfortunately there is no direct flight to Canada from Russia and we are choosing what will be easier for us and for the dog - long connection somewhere in Europe airport or this way I just described.

Thank you in advance

Re: Enter to the US by airline and go to Canada by car after

Hello SVK - the US and Canada are very pet friendly. Your dog will need proof of current rabies vaccination to enter either country with your dog. Ask your airline whether a health certificate is required. Always a good idea to travel with one in English or bi-lingual with English being one of the languages.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X