Flying with a mixed dog and a cockatiel (bird) from Puerto Rico to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying with a mixed dog and a cockatiel (bird) from Puerto Rico to Texas

Hello, as the title says I am hoping to fly with my pets. I'm not sure if this site (pettravel) provides their own service in having pets fly with you.

My dog is medium size but on the fatter side (perhaps 30 pounds). My bird is an old cockatiel, he's small. I'm not sure what specific planes or private jets offer a service where your pets can be with you during the flight. Any information is appreciated.

Re: Flying with a mixed dog and a cockatiel (bird) from Puerto Rico to Texas

Hello Smolbean - as for the transport, your dog is a bit large to travel in the cabin. If it flies commercially, then it will need to fly as checked baggage in the cargo hold, and this could be a problem due to the temperatures in Texas during the summer. If you are interested in private charter, send an email to Phil@pettravel.com; however, it will not be inexpensive.

Your bird is another consideration. Birds entering the US who have not lived here before must enter the US at MIA or JFK and are subject to 30 days of quarantine. We need to verify that this regulation is in effect as you are entering from a territory of the US, but we suspect it is. More info to follow.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Flying with a mixed dog and a cockatiel (bird) from Puerto Rico to Texas

Smolbean - we got a response from the USDA that birds from PR follow domestic regulations. No quarantine necessary. Sorry for the late response.
      Susan

Comment

Working...
      X