Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can pet travel in cabin with me London to U.S. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can pet travel in cabin with me London to U.S. ?

I want to take my cat with me flying London to Miami. Most airlines, who would do it at all, want to ship the cat as cargo and charge 600-700 GBP (about 1000 USD) for the various fees involved. But it looks like Air Canada does accept a cat onboard international flights for about 65 GBP (100 USD). That's a huge difference in price! Plus the cat travels with me. But i would have to fly London to Canada, then Canada to the U.S.

Has anybody done this? Does it work? Since the trip is 2 segments, do i have to pay the pet carry-on fee twice?

Does any other airline allow this? Any that fly direct?

Re: can pet travel in cabin with me London to U.S. ?

Sapphy- try Swiss Air. They do not fly direct, but a short stop in Zurich. They fly pets out of the UK in the cabins.
    Jason

Comment

Ok, but now we are talking about 12 hours of flying. Actually, a lot longer when you factor in airport time on both ends. That's a long time. The cat is gonna be in a small, soft-sided carrier that fits under the seat in front of me. What if she needs to pee? Or ... ?

Comment

Yup, it is an issue that all pet travelers face. Layer your pet pads in the carrier or take extra with you and take your cat to the lavatory on the plane. it depends on your cat's habits. If it is uncomfortable out of its environment, it may not cooperate, but worth a try. Most kitties will not soil their carrier unless they are mad (which mine did all the time). Your alternative is the cargo hold in a crate which is fine, but more traumatic for your pet. If you think it will not be a good traveler, then accompanied checked baggage is an option. It will cost about the same as in-cabin.
        susan

Comment

Unfortunately the answer is still no, but it makes sense.
          If there's fellow travelers with allergies, pets in the cabin can lead to major problems.
          __________________________________________________ __
          Alexandra
          [url]https://www.cargolution.com/en/transport/[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X