Traveling to UK from Ukraine with cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to UK from Ukraine with cat

To cut a long story short, I flew from London to Odessa Ukraine with my cat in the cabin flying with Ukraine airlines and had done this before. I Returned back to UK in February with my cat from Odessa. No issues. I traveled again to Ukraine in May with my cat but was refused this time to fly back with my cat in the cabin. I ended up leaving my cat behind.

I am now trying to get my cat back home to UK. Ukraine airlines have excepted full responsibility and will cover all cost to get him sent back as cargo as the gave me wrong information.
    I have been in touch with move one in Ukraine and they will handle the shipping.

My question is, is there any way I can by pass the 3 month wait after the blood test has been taken? My cat was vaccinated, rabies vaccinated and has pet passport all from UK.
    Could my cat be blood tested in UK and released early from quarantine?

Any advise would be grateful. I just want my cat home

Re: Traveling to UK from Ukraine with cat

Hello Tom - I am a bit confused. if you have traveled from Ukraine to the UK once before, you must have done a Titer test on your kitty at that time to conform to UK regs. If this is the case, then your Titer test should be valid as along as your cat's rabies vaccinations have been kept up to date. This is assuming your cat has gone through the correct process before (microchip, vaccinate, then 30day wait, then Titer test, then 90 day wait) If the rabies vaccination has lapsed or you did not do the Titer test (not sure how you returned to the UK without it) then your cat will be quarantined for the balance of the 90 days. We have not heard of people circumventing the process unless they have a service dog.
    susan

Comment

Hello. No I did not have the titter test done. No one advised me. I used purchased flight tickets and paid excess for cat in cabin and flew with him into UK. No one asked for titer test?? I'm just as confused as you are.

So basically my cat has to stay in Ukraine for 90 days. I'm very sad.

At least the airline is paying as they made a huge mistake letting him board the plane. Not sure why no one checked at the airport in UK as I carried him as hand luggage

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Tom - what airline did you use to fly into the UK?
        Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Tom - what airline did you use to fly into the UK?
          Susan
          You can transport your pet animals like as dogs and cats into the UK without quarantine as long as it meets the rulers of the pet travel system. The UK is lower quarantine system of way in access country. A general certificate of health is not required for entry for pet animal like as cat and dog in UK. Cats have not required having to proof rabies shot. All pet animals are must be good and healthy also have health certificate suggested.

Comment

Buddy - the health certificate is required for the airlines as the pet will be traveling into the UK as manifest cargo.

Comment

Hi. can someone please help me????!! i'm pretty desperate by now. planning to go back home to ukraine & want to take my english cat with me. she has eu pet passport with a record of rabbies vaccination, but apparently this may not be enough for ukraine & vet department over there mentioned some kind of international certificate that will also be required including its translation into either russian or ukrainian with a confirmation from solicitors. they also mentioned she may need a rabbies test.... i'm completely puzzled. if anyone took their cats to ukraine before please let me know about your experience & what was needed. thank you!

Originally posted by Tomcat View Post
              To cut a long story short, I flew from London to Odessa Ukraine with my cat in the cabin flying with Ukraine airlines and had done this before. I Returned back to UK in February with my cat from Odessa. No issues. I traveled again to Ukraine in May with my cat but was refused this time to fly back with my cat in the cabin. I ended up leaving my cat behind.

I am now trying to get my cat back home to UK. Ukraine airlines have excepted full responsibility and will cover all cost to get him sent back as cargo as the gave me wrong information.
              I have been in touch with move one in Ukraine and they will handle the shipping.

My question is, is there any way I can by pass the 3 month wait after the blood test has been taken? My cat was vaccinated, rabies vaccinated and has pet passport all from UK.
              Could my cat be blood tested in UK and released early from quarantine?

Any advise would be grateful. I just want my cat home

Comment

Hi Anyaa - There are some immunizations and vaccinations as well as a veterinary certificate to enter Ukraine. You can find regulations to enter Ukraine with a pet here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/ukraine.cfm. There is a link to instructions and all forms required on the page. They can be emailed to you.
                Susan

Comment

Buddy - the health certificate is required for the airlines as the pet will be traveling into the UK as manifest cargo.
                  If I will visit one place to another place then both side airline want health certification.

Comment

If I will visit one place to another place then both side airline want health certification.

Comment

Can you let me know on which airline you have travelled ?
                      http://www.heathrow-terminal3.co.uk

Comment

Hello Tom - I am a bit confused. if you have traveled from Ukraine to the UK once before, you must have done a Titer test on your kitty at that time to conform to UK regs. If this is the case, then your Titer test should be valid as along as your cat's rabies vaccinations have been kept up to date. This is assuming your cat has gone through the correct process before (microchip, vaccinate, then 30day wait, then Titer test, then 90 day wait) If the rabies vaccination has lapsed or you did not do the Titer test (not sure how you returned to the UK without it) then your cat will be quarantined for the balance of the 90 days. We have not heard of people circumventing the process unless they have a service dog.

Comment

Working...
                        X