Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shared Charter Flight (with pets) from UK to US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Charter Flight (with pets) from UK to US?

After 5 years in London, I will be soon be relocating back to the US. I am bringing my dog with me, but don't feel comfortable sending him via the cargo hold of a commercial flight. The option of going via Cunard's Queen Mary cruise line also wont work as it's booked through March 2014.

Given that, I'm hoping to gather other pet-owners interested in flying a similar route so that we can share a charter flight. With enough people, the cost is pretty reasonable.

So I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in this? My ideal route is London to Boston in January, but I'm very flexible in terms of route and timing - anything as long as I can avoid putting my dog in the cargo hold. (Basically, anywhere UK to anywhere on the east coast of the US/Canada between now and February would work.)

Please let me know if you're interested and I can share more information.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Shared Charter Flight (with pets) from UK to US?

If you're moving out of state and had to fly, consider flying your cat/dog with you in the cabin, where he can be under your seat in a safe carrier. It's worth it. You don't have to worry about him/her getting lost. I've done this for the first time when I moved from California to Chicago. It all went smooth.

Regards,
    Pet club India

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice! Unfortunately, my dog is about 35kg/70lbs, so keeping him under the seat isn't an option. If I go on a commercial flight, I think he would have to go in cargo, which I'm trying desperately to avoid.

Thanks again!
      Karina

Comment

I would be interested. I need to fly in march / April but could be flexible. 4 of us plus one English setter need to get to the us from the uk.

Have you had any other interest?

Comment

Hi Fhudo

Thanks for the message. I have had some interest - I sent you a private message with more details.

Thanks!

Comment

Just in case anyone else might be interested, I think I'll be joining a charter flight at the end of January. The cost will be apx $12k from London to New York, if anyone else is interested? (This would allow for up to two people/two dogs.) You're also welcome to join if you don't have pets, though the price will be the same.

Comment

After a slight delay in my relocation, I'm now looking again to share a charter flight in order to move my dog from the UK to the US - would anyone else be interested?

I'm also trying for Cunard's Queen Mary and am on the waiting list, but they're booked through Dec 2014 and I'm not too hopeful...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X