Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plane charter to England or Europe with pets, anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane charter to England or Europe with pets, anyone interested?

I'm relocating to England and very anxious about putting my dog in cargo. Would anyone be interested in gathering a group to charter a plane either to England or Europe? I found a brokerage company called Petjets.com that can assist in all arrangements, pricing, etc.

Re: Plane charter to England or Europe with pets, anyone interested?

When are you going? I will be flying to Paris in late April.

Comment

I was hoping to be going in the next month or so. Are you considering chartering a plane in April? Paris would be great, easy access to England.

Comment

PS, I would consider waiting a few months if it means not putting my dog in a hold. Late April will be a little too late for us though. Are you at all flexible on dates?

Comment

Hi,
          This thread came up on a google search. My husband and I may be moving to London with our cat and dog and we would be interested in a charter. We still have not heard final word on the position, but right now we believe we will be going before the end of the year.

Comment

That's great! Another person e-mailed me who seemed interested as well. I'm fairly flexible on dates, as long as travel is before the end of the year and I know within the next few weeks whether I can gather a group or not. I can check again with Brian from Petjets.net or Martha from Blue Star Jets (both of whom I've spoken with) the legalities of flying pets in cabin on a private charter to UK. I know on commercial airlines they require your pet to fly as manifested cargo. This is filling me with dread plus, between the cost of my pet's ticket and mine, I would prefer to go for the added expense and have my dog fly with me (in a crate, of course) but in cabin. However, to make it financially viable, we would need to get a small group together.

Comment

There's quite a few steps to take to bring animals into the UK. I'm nearly done with the process, aside from the 24-48 requirements prior to travel. Have you started the process? Currently, it's a six month process, however, after January the UK requirements will fall in line with the EU, which is a much quicker process. I think it takes only a month.

Comment

We actually started the process last year, so they are ready to go except for the final requirements. My understanding is that they can fly in the cabin on a charter. We are also open to flying into another EU country and bring them in from there. This has been our biggest stress, I just can't imagine putting them in cargo.

Stacie

Comment

That's great! I just did a little more research and I understand it's fine to go in cabin as long as it's a DEFRA approved airline carrier. The people I've been speaking with would definitely know the procedures. It's my biggest stress as well. Sleepless nights, etc. I'd prefer to fly straight into the UK but would be fine with Europe as well, if that would gather more people. I'm in NY, are you also on the east coast or west?

Comment

This is all sounding really good. We are in NYC!

Comment

Brilliant! We just need more people. The only other issue for me is timing, if this doesn't work out and I end up using commercial airlines, I'll want to make sure we go before it gets too cold.

Comment

We are still waiting on final confirmation, but I believe once we receive that we should move swiftly. They indicated they would like for him to start as soon as possible. He already has a visa, so he can go immediately. It's his current company, so I know how quickly they can do things. I will have to wait on a spousal visa, but we have everything ready to submit.

Comment

Sounds good. I sent you a separate e-mail, you'll find it in notifications. We should probably chat and discuss costs, etc. I've inquired with to companies this morning whether they have any 'empty legs' from New York to London coming up. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Hey everyone, I have read through the thread and I would love to help. Share a Jets are a great way to access private aircraft. Though it will not be as low as a commercial ticket, it is definitely easier with fewer restrictions and the animals can join you in the cabin. I get many request for relocation services both in the US and abroad. Lets all touchbase and if we can settle on a date range I can organize a quote. Recently I put together a group flight for a dog show and was able to secure some very resonable pricing, but it does take planning.

Comment

Hi, I have a Big Cat (22 lbs) I want to bring with me to Spain. I would definitely consider going in on a charter sometime this spring or summer. I live in Chicago but could drive to NYC. Any idea how much per party?

Comment

Working...
                              X