Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the safest airline to fly my little dachshung to the Uk on cargo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the safest airline to fly my little dachshung to the Uk on cargo?

We're planing to move to England and as Im searching on how to take our dog to the Uk with us, we have found out that in England, pet arrival in cabin isn't permitted unless the pet is registered as service animal. We also found out that we could travel to Paris with our pet in cabin, but, since we don't have family or friend in Paris, arrangements with rental car to drop us and the pet out could be challenging considering that the rental car would have to return to Paris from England.

Doing the paperwork, 15 digits IOS microchip , rabies vacines,USDA accredited vet form, USDA paperwork approval, all vacines up to date, all on track.

With all that said, our only option is take our little one on cargo, but which airline is more secure? The trip will be about 9hrs from Miami to Heathrow.

Any help would be appreciated

Ana

Re: Which is the safest airline to fly my little dachshung to the Uk on cargo?

Ana - no matter what airline you select for this route, you will need an IPATA agent to book the transport as air cargo. We can assist with booking as we serve MIA. Lufthansa through FRA would be a good choice. This airline has an excellent record when it comes to flying live animals. Send an email to info@pettraveltransport.com if you need assistance with booking.

That said, there is another alternative. You can fly to Amsterdam on Lufthansa with your dog in the cabin (assuming it is small enough) and take DFDS Ferry to Newcastle. DFDS accepts pets on this route and has pet friendly cabins. Foot traffic is accepted. It takes a bit longer; however, we understand it is a very pleasant trip.
    Susan

Comment

Thank you for your response, Susan. Yes, the dog is a mini dachshund, no more than 11pounds.Very interesting the Amsterdam option. Im saving the contact you gave.

Comment

What Airline has the best track record for transporting pets from Philippines to USA.

Comment

WaffenSS - it is unfortunate that foreign-based airlines are not required to report incidents involving animals, so it is difficult to accurately answer your question. You may want to consider an airline that flies a route into the US most efficiently (nonstop) and Google reviews on that airline.
          Susan

Comment

Working...
          X