Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling pet from US to U.K. Without me - need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling pet from US to U.K. Without me - need help!

Hi there -

I'm planning on sending my goldendoodle to his other owner (my boyfriend) to the U.K. From the US. He is a British citizen and recently relocated. We want to send our dog over there before I head over for school quite a bit later. Is this allowed as long as he has the proper paperwork when picking him up? I won't be traveling within 5 days of his travel so I wanted to make sure this could be done given that his other owner is a citizen. Please help! He is microchipped but I haven't had the rabies waiting period until I know what steps to do with this. Thank you!! - Whitney

Re: Traveling pet from US to U.K. Without me - need help!

Hello Whitney - it is possible to send your Goldendoodle to your boyfriend in the UK. As you are the owner of the dog, then you will provide your boyfriend with a letter of authorization to claim it. If the dog is going to the UK to live, then you should complete a Transfer of Residence to file with HMRC so that the VAT that must be paid when your dog enters the UK is returned.

As your dog is traveling unaccompanied, it will need a health check within 48 hours of travel and the EU health certificate must be endorsed by your State USDA office. (that is the hardest thing to do.) Also a tapeworm treatment just before travel. Our package has all the information and forms necessary. You can find requirements here: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm.

You will need to find an airline that flies the entire route and contact their cargo department. Your pup will need an IATA-compliant pet crate like these: https://www.pettravelstore.com/pet-crates/
    Susan

Comment

Hi Susan! Thank you for the reply! I'm struggling to get this done so that he can be there by this summer. Is there a template for the letter of authorization available? I'm having some trouble opening the link you posted. Is there a different one I can access? Thank you!!

Comment

Hello - there is a suggested letter in Annex I of Regulation (EU) 2013/576; however, we understand that this template is not necessarily the only format accepted. List your pet's names, breed, microchip number, health certificate or EU Pet Passport number, date of travel and state the person's name who will be representing you and sign and date the letter.
        Susan

Comment

Okay great, thank you! Also, regarding the Transfer of Residence forms, would my boyfriend fill that out or would I? Given that he's the one to have to show proof of living in the UK and technically he's the one importing our dog?

Comment

I believe that you would complete the form as the owner, but could be mistaken. This is a new thing. You can file it online and suggest that you do so as there is a very large back load currently. Try checking the HMRC website or Google "customs U.K."
            Susan

Comment

Rottweiler Dog Training

Rottweiler canine education desires to begin early, as Rottweiler puppies will display their natural abilties from a very young age . those are the abilties that we need to manage, fulfill and sometimes increase.
              More on : royvon.co.uk/breeds/rottweiler/#

Comment

Re: Rottweiler Dog Training

Hello, my Friend
                Make sure your pet is fitted with a microchip. If you are shipping a dog,or a ferret to the UK, your pet should be fitted with a microchip by your vet.
                Get your pet vaccinated for rabies. This is a required step in the process of bringing your pet to the UK. ...Have your dog tested and treated for tapeworm.
                Thank You

Comment

Hello Whitney - it is possible to send your Goldendoodle to your boyfriend in the UK. As you are the owner of the dog, then you will provide your boyfriend with a letter of authorization to claim it. If the dog is going to the UK to live, then you should complete a Transfer of Residence to file with HMRC so that the VAT that must be paid when your dog enters the UK is returned.

Comment

Working...
                  X