Travelling to the uk with cat via france

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to the uk with cat via france

I am trying to find the simplest and cheapest way to bring my pet to the U.K. To fly him directly into the uk is expensive and extremely complicated, especially because he will be coming from Tunis. There are only 2 airoplane companies that fly out from Tunis that are authorised to bring pets to the uk but both of these have multiple stops. So instead I am thinking of flying to France and taking the euro tunnel over to the uk. My friend can take me with the. car. Is this possible ? Would I invite any unforseign charges ? My cat has a third country certificate and he is up to date with all vaccinations and has a valid micro chip. Would I have to get him issues with a European pet passport once he enters France?
    Thanks for any advice

Re: Travelling to the uk with cat via france

Laura - your plan is one we recommend to many pet owners looking to keep their pets out of the cargo hold, which is an airline requirement when entering the UK. Fly to Paris, take the train to Calais (it is pet friendly) and meet your friend there. The clearance to the UK is on the France side of the Chunnel. Once you do that, just ride the Le Shuttle with your friend to England.
    Susan

Comment

i am planning the same journey but i dont have access to a car. Is there any possible way i can make this journey without going by aeroplane?

Comment

Omaya - you can hire a service to pick you up in Calais and carry you and your pet through the Chunnel but it is not inexpensive. Another alternative would be to contact both Stena Line or P&O Ferries and inquire as to whether they will allow foot traffic to travel with a pet on their ferries from Calais to Dover. There is also a pet friendly ferry that goes from Amsterdam to England - Stena Line?
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X