Traveling from Canada to UK Via France or Amsterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling from Canada to UK Via France or Amsterdam

After much consideration, including costs, size of pets and so on. It looks like my best option is to Fly from Canada to Paris or Amsterdam and Take Trains, and the EuroTunnel into the UK.

So far what I have found out is I will need:
    1. Pets Microchipped (ISO Standard)
    2. Rabies Vaccine (Minimum 21 days prior, within vaccine expiration, Also must be done after microchip)
    3. EU Annex IV veterinary Certificate (CFIDA endorsed)
    4. EU Declaration Form (non-commercial transit)
    5. Official Health Certificate issued by vet and endorsed by CFIDA valid for 10 days (Valid for 4 months once in the EU, or up to Rabies vaccine validity, which ever date is earlier)

Extra for UK
    1. Dogs - Treatment against Echinococcus multiolcularis (UK) - Before I leave Canada, Must be at least 24 hours before entering UK, and before 120 hours.

Which route will be easier to bring the pets?
    - I am thinking France as I do not need to travel as far to get to the EuroTunnel
    - Using a Taxi for a EuroTunnel
    - Cargo does not work for my dog as she weighs 4lbs

Based on my list above am I missing any documentation? Anything I should be aware of before traveling / issues I might run into?

I will be flying all of my pets in Cabin with the appropriate airlines.

Re: Traveling from Canada to UK Via France or Amsterdam

Looks like you got it covered. It is the Annex IV form that is good for 4 months worth of travel in the EU. Would be very interested in taking a cab on Le Shuttle. Let us know how that works out. There are also other services that will pick you up in Calais and take you through the Chunnel.
    Susan

Comment

What are these other services? I was quoted 120 + EuroTunnel charges to go through, with a Taxi.

Comment

Pet-moves.com or PetTaxi.co.uk are a few examples.

Comment

Hello, I am traveling from New York and also thinking of this route so I can take my cats in cabin with me. Just wondering, which airline are you taking?

Originally posted by varsis View Post
          After much consideration, including costs, size of pets and so on. It looks like my best option is to Fly from Canada to Paris or Amsterdam and Take Trains, and the EuroTunnel into the UK.

2. Rabies Vaccine (Minimum 21 days prior, within vaccine expiration, Also must be done after microchip)
          5. Official Health Certificate issued by vet and endorsed by CFIDA valid for 10 days (Valid for 4 months once in the EU, or up to Rabies vaccine validity, which ever date is earlier)

Extra for UK
          1. Dogs - Treatment against Echinococcus multiolcularis (UK) - Before I leave Canada, Must be at least 24 hours before entering UK, and before 120 hours.

- I am thinking France as I do not need to travel as far to get to the EuroTunnel

Based on my list above am I missing any documentation? Anything I should be aware of before traveling / issues I might run into?

Comment

I flew Air Canada, but any airline that allows pets internationally in the cabin should be fine.

Just make sure you have your paperwork in order.

In CDG, there is no signs indicating where to go with the pets, but make sure you go to the customs to get your paperwork stamped.

PS get seats that are not in the middle of the plane, even with the right carrier size they did not fit under in the middle due to the entertainment unit being in the way.

Comment

Nice research! Note that items #3, 4 and 5 are the same form unless your airline requires a separate health certificate. You will need the health certificate for France as it is your first point of entry in the EU. You can use the same form for the UK. Le Shuttle requires that your pet travel in a car. P&O Ferry out of Rotterdam is longer but will accept foot traffic. (you do not need a car)
              Phil

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                Pet-moves.com or PetTaxi.co.uk are a few examples.
                I'd go with Pet-moves. Might be more expensive, but they're more reliable.
                [url]https://www.cargolution.com/en/transport/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by varsis View Post

Extra for UK

Hi,

I plan to travel from Montreal to New York, then from New York to Paris, and then finally from Paris to Calais and then London. I was wondering, in addition to the 4 abovementioned elements, is there anything else I need? I saw on a EU page that a rabies antibody test might be required:

"The pet animal (dog, cat or ferret) must undergo a rabies antibody titration test in accordance with Annex IV to Regulation (EU) No 576/2013, as follows:
                  the test must be carried out on a sample collected by an authorised veterinarian at least 30 days after the date of vaccination and not less than three months before the date of movement
                  the test must measure a level of neutralising antibody to rabies virus in serum equal to or greater than 0,5 IU/ml
                  the test must be performed in an approved laboratory"

Does this apply to Canadian pets travelling to EU from Canada (via the US)?

Thanks!

Comment

No titer test when entering the UK from Canada. The Annex IV and Non-commercial EU health cert are same form.
                    Calais is a popular route. You can also fly to AMS, take train to Rotterdam and take ferry. No car required for this option.

Susan

Comment

Looks like you got it covered. It is the Annex IV form that is good for 4 months worth of travel in the EU. Would be very interested in taking a cab on Le Shuttle. Let us know how that works out. There are also other services that will pick you up in Calais and take you through the Chunnel.
                      Susan

Comment

Working...
                      X