No announcement yet.

getting my puppy from the Philippines thru Philippine Airlines cargo to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my puppy from the Philippines thru Philippine Airlines cargo to Canada

Hi guys, is it true that the puppy has to have his last vaccine 30 days prior the departure date? I'm planning to get my puppy soon and my sister will arrange all the paperworks to send my puppy thru air cargo. His last vaccine was March 9, do you guys think its ok to send him now though its not yet 1 month since his last vaccine? Help me guys please.

Re: getting my puppy from the Philippines thru Philippine Airlines cargo to Canada

Hello aprilanncabbab - Canada does not have a wait time after the rabies vaccination. All dogs and cats entering the country must be vaccinated for rabies after reaching 3 months of age, but, again, no waiting period after vaccination to enter Canada.
    Susan

Comment

Re: getting my puppy from the Philippines thru Philippine Airlines cargo to Canada

Hi, need some advise here. I'm looking for an airline that will allow me to transport my Shi Tzu (4 years old), but of no avail. Unfortunately, such breed is included in the list of 21 Snub-nose breeds not allowed in Cargo hold? Any suggestion, anybody who traveled recently to Canada from Manila with dogs restricted by airlines in the Cargo Hold? how did you guys do it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

S**** - honestly, this time of year when temperatures are high, it is not safe to transport a snub-nosed dog or cat in the cargo hold, much less any animal. Korean Air May transport your dog when temperatures cool but they have a 5 hour layover in Seoul and you will want to make sure they do not require you to claim your pet and that they can care for your pet during the layover. Not sure how big your Shih Tzu is but flying in the cabin with you is the best way to transport this breed, if possible.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X