Travel by plane from France to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel by plane from France to Canada

In the coming weeks I plan on taking my cat from France to Canada via Air Transat. She doesn't have rabies vaccine yet or a health certificate. My question is, what is the minimum needed to take her? What will the airline ask when I bring her to the desk? Do I have enough time to book her shots ASAP and then take her on a flight 2.5 weeks from now?

Re: Travel by plane from France to Canada

Hello Lillecat - Canada does not have a wait time after the rabies vaccination as long as it is done before you enter the country. You have time. The airline may just look at her carrier and make sure there is adequate room for her to stand up and turn around. (if she is traveling in the cabin with you.) If you are checking her, then they will make sure her crate is IATA-compliant.
    Susan

Comment

I used Glamping Hub for Pets which was really useful with lots of great travel advice. Beautiful accommodations to stay at too! https://pets.glampinghub.com/

Comment

Thought I'd finally update. I stayed at a hotel right next to the terminal (IBIS @ CDG). I walked into the airport with her in the carrier and gave her to the attendant. She arrived by the oversized luggage thing at my destination. I had to call AirTransat ahead of time to book her.

No complications! They asked for her pet passport and looked at it for 10seconds

Comment

Excellent lillecat. Glad you and kitty made it safely.
          Susan

Comment

Working...
          X