Cat to Spain from USA - Titer test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat to Spain from USA - Titer test?

I am moving to Spain in a little over a month and will be bringing my cat. He recently had his microchip inserted, so now he needs to be revaccinated for Rabies. However, my vet says he believes that the USA is considered a high-incident country for rabies, therefore I will need to get a blood titer test for my cat to enter Spain. Is this true? I have looked on Spain's Agriculture website but cannot find where it specifies the restrictions for pets coming from the US. Could someone verify this for me? The last thing I need is to take him there and be turned away.

Re: Cat to Spain from USA - Titer test?

Aempie - the EU considers the US a rabies-controlled country and a titer test is not required. You will have a USDA accredited vet complete the Annex II form for Spain within 10 days of travel for endorsement by your State USDA office. You can find all the details on bringing your cat to Spain here with links to instructions and forms if you need them: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Spain.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response. I have one more question. I am flying on a flight that is being operated by AA. I am planning on purchasing the Pet Passport for Spain. Do I also need to purchase the Airline Forms for American Airlines package? I feel like they contain a few of the same documents, but I could be wrong.

Comment

You are corrent. The airline forms package does explain AA pet policy and contains an airline form. The pet passport package for Spain contains the same form.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X