Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Malaysia from USA; looking to NOT use expensive shipping agent if possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Malaysia from USA; looking to NOT use expensive shipping agent if possible!

My darling chihuahua and I are moving to Malaysia in November. We need to fly out of Chicago or NYC. I have everything arranged in Malaysia (import permit, quarantine, etc) and everything arranged here (vax, microchip, health certificate, appropriate IATA crate) but am having a problem booking his flight. I wanted to use Emirates because of their stellar reputation but they insist on a shipping agent. For over $1100 USD, this agent will simply meet me at the airport and hand my dog over to the Emirates shipping representative.

This is a lot of money. I am an English teacher.

Is there another way? Do all airlines in US insist on these expensive dog shipping agents? Any advice is welcome. My chihuahua is a rescue dog and rehoming him here in the states is out of the question.

Re: To Malaysia from USA; looking to NOT use expensive shipping agent if possible!

Rachel - there are a lot of airlines that fly this route efficiently including Cathay Pacific, American Airlines (through Honk Kong), Etihad, Qatar and KLM. Although many airlines are requiring agents to transport pets, but we are not under the impression that these airlines require agents on this route.
    Susan

Comment

Re: To Malaysia from USA; looking to NOT use expensive shipping agent if possible!

Thanks; I will update when I am able to get more information!

Comment

Hi Rachel. You are probably not even with this forum anymore. Before I go on and on. PLs reply if u r. Thx

Comment

Working...
        X