Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Cats flying direct from Istanbul to Washington Dulles

Hey Everyone,
    I've been living for the past year in Istanbul, Turkey, and have decided to return home to the states. I have two cats (sisters, now 8 months old) that I adopted while living here and I want to bring them home with me to DC at the end of October. I'd like to carry them in-cabin with me.

I keep reading contradictory information, but from what I can gather, cats don't need proof of vaccination for entry into the US so long as they appear healthy? (they haven't had their shots yet)

Turkish Airlines website says that they don't allow two cats to share the same crate. Does anyone know if I can bring two small pet carriers with me instead?

Obviously I will call the local ticket office, but I've had difficulties dealing with them in the past due to language barriers, so I'd like to load up on some expert information beforehand.

Thanks everyone!

Re: 2 Cats flying direct from Istanbul to Washington Dulles

Your cats will need to be vaccinated for rabies and accompanied with a vet certificate of good health. You can find instructions and forms here: http://www.pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/. Most airlines will only allow one pet per passenger in the cabin. Some of them will allow pets to share the same crate if they are being transported in the cargo hold, but it varies by airline.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X