Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right size carrier for 15wk old Weimaraner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right size carrier for 15wk old Weimaraner?

I will be travelling from the UK to Malta with a 15wk old male Weimaraner. He is currently 8wks old, but I need to buy his airline suitable carrier so that I can go ahead and book my flight and his ticket. I need the carriers height and width and also his weight. I really donít know which carrier to get as he will obviously grow a lot in the next 7wks!
    If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful!

Re: Right size carrier for 15wk old Weimaraner?

Rykirah - certainly your Weimarener will be too large to fly in the cabin and, as you are flying with your pup, it can fly as checked baggage. Most airlines will set their rates as fixed, although there are airlines that tier their charges according to a pet's weight plus the weight of the carrier. You may want to contact your airline to see how their pricing is for checked baggage.
    Susan

Comment

Thank you for your reply Susan.
      Yes he will not be in the cabin with me, but will travel as an AVI in the hold as baggage. The pricing is based on size and weight of the carrier which is why it is important that I preempt the correct sized container. I think I may just have to buy a large carrier as if he were an adult as I just can’t seem to find any measurements for a 15wk old male!!

Comment

Why not ask your breeder? They should know what the expected size of your puppy will be at 15 weeks. Be careful not to get a crate that is too very large for your puppy. One size up should be OK, but the airlines may be concerned if your puppy's crate is significantly larger than necessary.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X