Traveling from China to Paris with pet in Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling from China to Paris with pet in Cabin

I'm planning to bring my pet dog from China to UK.
    I propose to fly from Shanghai to Paris with my Pet in Cabin and take the Euroroute from Paris to UK as I will not put my pet in cargo due to her nervous disposition.
    This involves clearing customs in France then going by Eurotunnel to UK and to then clear customs there,
    Any advise from travelers who have successfully made a similar international journey, first clearing customs in EU then traveling thru France to the Eurotunnel to UK by road.
    What where the key issues faced?

Puppy's Dad

Re: Traveling from China to Paris with pet in Cabin

Puppy''s Dad - many pet owners who do not want to fly their pet in the cargo hold take the Le Shuttle option. It is a very pleasant ride although it must be done in a vehicle. You will clear customs in Calais and depart Le Shuttle in Folkestone. There is no border inspection post there. This option may not be available after October 31 or once Brexit is exercised. At that point, all live animals must arrive at approved border inspection posts in the UK (or so we have been told by DEFRA).

We would note that, because China is classified by the EU as a high-rabies country, a rabies titer test will be required according to these regulations: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X