Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with mixed breed Dog from Laos to United States

Hello!

I am currently living in Laos and trying to fly home to the United States with my dog at the end of next month. His crate is approximately 80x53x63 cm and he weighs about 14kg. He's up to date on all of his vaccines and I'm working with his vet here to get all the travel papers in order. My main concern is whether or not I will be able to take him as checked baggage. I'm flying with Lao Airlines, Turkish Airlines, and United Airlines. This will be my first time flying with him and I'm incredibly nervous. I also have no idea what it will be like, or any idea how much it will cost... Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Traveling with mixed breed Dog from Laos to United States

NewsMom - you indicate in your post that you are changing airline companies from Laos Airlines to Turkish Airlines to United Airlines. As the airlines so not interline live animals, you will need to clear customs and enter the layover country with your pet. This will add time and likely additional forms and tests as Laos is classified as a high-rabies country. It is always better to fly on the same airline for the entire trip if at all possible, at least until you get to the United States. Try to fly into a major international airport, clear customs, then take a domestic flight to your final destination.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X