Should I get a titer test before my trip? Italy -> Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a titer test before my trip? Italy -> Thailand

Hi everyone -- I'm new here so I'm sorry if this has been discussed already!

I am planning a trip from Italy to Thailand for about 3-5 months with my cat. He already has his microchip, rabies vaccination, and EU pet passport.

I know I will need the titer test before he comes back; however since the rules about which labs are accepted are so strict, I'm thinking it would be best to have it done in Italy before I leave.

Would this be possible/preferable, or is it required that the test be administered in the country I am exporting my cat from?

Thank you for your help!

Re: Should I get a titer test before my trip? Italy -> Thailand

To clarify -- I am returning to Italy at the end of my trip, and that is the part of the trip I am asking about. I know there is a test required to go Thailand -> Italy, but not the other way around.

Comment

Re: Should I get a titer test before my trip? Italy -> Thailand

NVP12345 - it is highly advisable to get a titer test done for your cat prior to leaving Italy. Have your vet send the blood sample to an EU-approved lab. If the results are recorded in your cat's EU Pet Passport, then it is much easier to return to Italy. The test will be valid for the life of your cat as long as you do not allow its rabies vaccination to expire.
      Susan

Comment

Working...
      X