Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I bring a stray home with me to the UK from Greece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Re: Can I bring a stray home with me to the UK from Greece?

Hello Jessie - in order to import your kitty to the UK, it must be microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order but same vet visit is fine). The rabies vaccination cannot be administered before 12 weeks of age. The kitty must wait for 21 days after fully vaccinated before it travels. It also needs an EU Pet Passport. Now, if you do not fly back to Greece and claim ownership of your kitten, it must travel to the UK under commercial regulations. You can find all the regulations to import your kitty to the UK here inclulding an explanation between non-commercial and non-commercial transport here: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm. Your kitty must enter the UK as air cargo, if flying. Keep your kitten on the same airline for the entire trip. Changing airline companies will complicate things..
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Can I bring a stray home with me to the UK from Greece?

I'm currently on holiday in Chersonnissos, Greece and I would like to take home a stray kitten with me (approx 4 - 6 weeks old) to the UK. What is the process I would need to go through for this to happen? And how much approximately would this cost me? Also does anyone know any good shelters / charities that could help me organise this / be my helping hand in Chersonissos as I'm only here for a week. Thanks
Working...
X