Moving Dogs With No Tails to Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Dogs With No Tails to Switzerland

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I need to know if i will be allowed to bring my two dogs to Switzerland when we move. They have tails that are only a few inches long, but have never been docked. I have read that dogs with docked tails or ears are not allowed in Switzerland. Since they were born this way, I would appreciate advice on how to proceed. They are a mixed breed rescue dogs that are mostly mountain curr and from all i have read do not appear on the banned breeds list.

Thank you.

Re: Moving Dogs With No Tails to Switzerland

Hello Mastersons - in order to import your dogs to Switzerland, here are the relevant instructions:
    If you want to import a dog with a congenital short tail or amputated tail / ear, contact the Federal FoodSafety and Veterinary Office (FSVO) (info@blv.admin.ch or BLV, Postfach, 3003 Bern), which willassess whether the animal concerned may enter the country.You must be able to present plausible documentation to show that the dog has not been docked. Thefollowing documentation must be submitted to the FSVO for assessment at least 3 weeks before theplanned entry of the dog: A picture of the dog in which the dog is visible from head to tail or – in the absence of the tail – tothe base of the tail; A copy of the EU pet passport of the dog (or a comparable ID for an animal of non-Europeanorigin); A confirmation by the veterinary authority responsible that the veterinary certificate (see below) hasbeen issued by a veterinarian with a licence to practice. Certificates that have not been issued inone of the national languages of Switzerland must be submitted with a notarized translation. In the case of dogs with a natural bobtail: an x-ray of the animal with the transponder number inwhich the tail vertebrae are clearly visible and also a veterinary certificate confirming that the x-rayand palpation of the bobtail indicate that it must be a congenital defect. In the case of dogs with anatural bobtail that do not show any abnormalities of the tail vertebrae, the shortness or absence ofthe tail must be documented by the result of a genetic test

Comment

Working...
    X