Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conneting flight in Amsterdam -Travel from Ecuador to China via Amsterdam with my cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conneting flight in Amsterdam -Travel from Ecuador to China via Amsterdam with my cat

Hello guys, I will take my cat to China but I need to take a connecting flight in Amsterdam Schiphol. I only stay in that airport for less than 4 hours and won't enter EU, so my question is do I still need to meet all the requierements set for animals that do enter EU territory?

I've done a lot of researches, asking the delegation of EU in Ecuador and French Embassy there (No Dutch Embassy in Ecuador, and FE asume their funtions instead...) But neither of them can give me a clear answer, I also asked KLM and the consultant said I don't any documents required by EU since my final destination is China. But sometimes, airlines may be wrong...I don't want to get into trouble when I arrive in the Netherlands. So, anyone can help me answer this question or had a same experience there?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Conneting flight in Amsterdam -Travel from Ecuador to China via Amsterdam with my

Helhusky - as long as you are flying in and out of AMS on the same airline, your pet will transit the country. If your pet is flying as checked baggage in the hold, then you will need to contact KLM and confirm that they will hold your pet for the duration of the layover. They require that pets flying in the hold be walked and watered if the layover is over 3 hours. If your pet is flying as air cargo, then this will be done for you. If it is flying as accompanied checked baggage, then you will need to pay for this service. Well worth it for your pet, for sure.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Conneting flight in Amsterdam -Travel from Ecuador to China via Amsterdam with my

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Helhusky - as long as you are flying in and out of AMS on the same airline, your pet will transit the country. If your pet is flying as checked baggage in the hold, then you will need to contact KLM and confirm that they will hold your pet for the duration of the layover. They require that pets flying in the hold be walked and watered if the layover is over 3 hours. If your pet is flying as air cargo, then this will be done for you. If it is flying as accompanied checked baggage, then you will need to pay for this service. Well worth it for your pet, for sure.
      Susan
      That's why flying as air cargo is preferrable.

Comment

Working...
      X