X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Re: Pet Transport Services

Hi Emily - we are transporters ourselves and, in response to your inquiry, would ask you to consider a few things. First of all, the cost of transporting a dog as air cargo is expensive, especially if you have a large dog. (you can contact the cargo department of the airlines and verify that) Routing can be complicated depending on where your pet is originating from and kenneling may be required. Secondly, it is unclear whether part of the fees include clearance services and import permit procurement on the Australian side. This may also account for part of the expense. Another consideration are the fees for entering Australia and whether they are included. Australia is an expensive country to enter with a pet, no doubt about that.

Know that the government does not require that an agent do the transport, but all the t's must be crossed and i's dotted on paperwork required. That kind of attention to details is one of the reasons why agents cost their jobs like they do.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• EmilyHunter
    started a topic Pet Transport Services

Pet Transport Services

Hello All,

I was wondering what your thoughts are on Pet Transport Services and if they were really worth the money?

I am moving my dog to Australia with me next year and I got a quot from Pet Jets for almost $6,000! This seems incredibly high. Do you think it's worth it? We are coming from New York
    and our vet seems very experienced in what needs to be done. On the breakdown for the services they will be providing it doesn't seem like anything I can't do myself, but then again, it could be a big problem if I get any of the steps wrong.

Just wondering your thoughts and if you could recommend a good transport service from USA to Hawaii or Hawaii to Australia it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Emily
Working...
X