From USA to New Zealand via Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From USA to New Zealand via Boat

HI! I would like to move to New Zealand from the US with my dog. But I refuse to fly him as cargo, so I'm trying to find boat companies that will allow dogs. I don't care if it's a cruiser, a freighter, a whatever (except a yacht), just as long as me and my dog can do it together. But I'm having the hardest time finding any options! I did find that the Queen Mary 2 by Cunard allows dogs, but it looks like that is only Transatlantic. Anything to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Re: From USA to New Zealand via Boat

Cats and dogs are allowed to enter New Zealand on commercial vessels. You may want to contact the Ministry of Primary Industries and ask for a list of approved vessels. (animalimports@mpi.govt.nz.)
    Phil

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, Phil!
      Unfortunately, this is the response I got: "That is not possible as we do not have this info, you would need to do some googling etc to find this."
      I had also previously sent this question to info@mpi.govt.nz (which I now know is actually the same account)....They said "Sorry but we do not have this information available, you will need to contact these companies and see if they can take you."

There is this web page that lists cruises that travel to NZ: http://www.newzealand.com/us/feature/cruise-ships-that-visit-new-zealand/
      So far I have emailed Saga as well as Sea Travel Limited (freight cruiser), and neither of them allow pet dogs. Some of these cruise lines don't even have email addresses or contact forms - you have to call them, which is really inconvenient.
      So I was simply hoping someone here happens to know who would do this and could tell me.

Comment

How about going through tourist companies? Did you check any agencies that *****te tourism in New Zealand? Maybe they could assist.
        Phil

Comment

Hello,
          How did this journey end please?
          We are looking to move to NZ as well (from Europe) and we do not want to put our 2 dogs in a cargo flight as well.
          Information on the internet is hard to find. And we have French Bulldogs, that makes is even harder to find alternatives... :-(

Comment

Working...
          X