Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the USDA sign papers of a non US pet (titer test )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the USDA sign papers of a non US pet (titer test )

Hi everyone. I have searched hi and low for this info and nothing! I am traveling around with my fur ball. I had all the microchip/rabies/vaccines etc in Canada a few months ago. I am presently in Central america and I would like to go to France
    -I know if I travel from central america I will have to have a titer test done before going to Europe
    -If I travel to Europe from the US there is no requirement for titer. (how long do I Have to stay in US)
    -If i decide to go to the US first and then Europe, will a US vet and the USDA fill and endorse health certificate for a foreign cat?
    -Will the US vet & USDA need to know all the countries I've been to before. Will they even ask?
    Thank you

Re: Will the USDA sign papers of a non US pet (titer test )

Kitty - according to regulations, you will need to reside in the US for 6 months prior to travel in order to be considered as entering the EU from the US. If you cannot spend 6 months in the US and decide to come here for the titer test, the veterinarian that administers the titer test must be accredited by the USDA and the results will be sent with the Annex form and the USDA health certificate for endorsement.

You can have the test done in Central America and the sample processed in the US if you have access to a veterinarian who administers this test available to you.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Kitty - according to regulations, you will need to reside in the US for 6 months prior to travel in order to be considered as entering the EU from the US. If you cannot spend 6 months in the US and decide to come here for the titer test, the veterinarian that administers the titer test must be accredited by the USDA and the results will be sent with the Annex form and the USDA health certificate for endorsement.

You can have the test done in Central America and the sample processed in the US if you have access to a veterinarian who administers this test available to you.
      Susan
      I have a vet here (central america) that can do the titer test and then get them signed by local authority. I can travel to the US and then Europe.
      The USDA doesn't have to endorse these tests too. They are already endorsed right?
      I guess the health certificate that I get from vet (Central AM) is only valid in the following 10 days of travel (through more than 1 country?)
      If I stay in US more than 10 days I have to get another one from US
      Regulation is I must stay 6 months in US, How do they check this info?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Susan
        I have a vet here (central america) that can do the titer test and then get them signed by local authority. I can travel to the US and then Europe.
        The USDA doesn't have to endorse these tests too. They are already endorsed right?
        I guess the health certificate that I get from vet (Central AM) is only valid in the following 10 days of travel (through more than 1 country?)
        If I stay in US more than 10 days I have to get another one from US
        Regulation is I must stay 6 months in US, How do they check this info?

Comment

kitty - be sure and have the titer test sample processed at an EU-approved laboratory (like the one at Kansas State). The health certificate you get in CA is good for 10 days. If you are planning to stay in the US, then you need to ask your airline whether they need to see a new health certificate and whether it needs to be endorsed by the USDA. Stamps on your passport are a good indication of how long your pet has resided in the US.
          Susan

Comment

Working...
          X