Bringing 2 dogs in cabin to Philippines via United Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing 2 dogs in cabin to Philippines via United Airlines

I am wanting to take United Airlines to go to Philippines from with my husband and two dogs (Shih Tzu/chihuahua and chihuahua/weiner dog) but I am concerned about the stop over. There will be a stopover at Tokoyo, Japan. Would I need to have my dogs quarantined there during the layover or would they need to undergo any other inspections? Would I need to prepare documents for them to go to Japan as well (again, even if it's a stopover? I am concerned that I would have to present required documents specific to Japan pet import regulations.

Re: Bringing 2 dogs in cabin to Philippines via United Airlines

Hello - if you are flying in and out of Japan on the same airline, then your dogs can transit the country. If your dogs are traveling in the cabin with you, then you will stay in the secure area of the terminal until you board your next flight. If your dogs are traveling in the cargo hold, then your layover should not be more than 3 hours and the airline will transit your dogs (you will need a transit permit.) If you are laying over for more than 3 hours, then you will need to contact your airline and request that they hold your dogs. You do not want to claim them as that will cause you to clear customs and enter Japan.
    Phil

Comment

Working...
    X