Traveling from California to Philippines with 2 dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling from California to Philippines with 2 dogs

Hello! My husband and I plan to visit Philippines from December until February. I am wanting to bring my two fur babies as no one can watch them here in California. One dog is an 8 lbs shih tzu/chihuahua and the other is a 7 lbs weiner dog/chihuahua. I am wanting to either bring both in cabin or just the shih tzu/chihuahua in cabin and the other in cargo. Has anyone done this before? What airline would you recommend? How was the flight? What and how was the process?

Re: Traveling from California to Philippines with 2 dogs

If you need the requirements to import your dogs to the Philippines, you can find them here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Philippines.cfm. Most all the airlines that fly this route transit in either Narita, Hong Kong, Seoul or Taiwan. If you select an airline that flies through Hong Kong, your pups will need to travel as air cargo, so you will want to avoid that city. Most likely choices for in-cabin travel are Asiana Air and Korean Air. Delta, ANA, Eva Air, China Southern and Japan Airlines also fly the route with one stop, but will not permit your pets in the cabin.
    Susan

Comment

Delta was my choice before I knew of others. I even checked on their website. They allow in cabin, thanks for your response. I know there are many resources online, but I wanted to ask people with experience going through it.

Comment

The issue with Delta may be the length of the first leg of the trip. They may not allow a pet in the cabin on a 12 hour flight.

Comment

I called Delta earlier today and I confirmed with them that I can bring two dogs in cabin with me from California to Philippines. However, I am now thinking of going with United but would need to call to confirm that information with them as well. I'm concerned though about stop overs. For instance, with United, I would have to stop at Tokyo before going to the Philippines. Would I need more documents i.e. an import permit for Japan too since I would be stopping there? I know this is possible to bring dog in cabin to Philippines because I know someone who did. He told me the dog was in cabin with him in the flights going to Philippines, I cannot get more information from him though because he does not answer my calls or messages.

Comment

Malaysia does not require that your dog enter via checked baggage or cargo. If you are flying United both in and out of Tokyo, then you will stay in the secure area of the airport until boarding your next flight.
            Phil

Comment

Working...
            X