Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet travel to Australia

Hi all,

My family and I are relocating to Australia next year and taking our pug and exotic short hair cat with us. We have booked our flights but our airline does not accept snub nosed breeds for travel.

How will I go about booking my dogs as cargo on a different flight? Will I have to contact airlines directly? Am I best to go with an agent?

Thanks

S_A_Turner - according to Australia's import regulations ([url]https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/australia.cfm[/url]), your Pug and cat will need to enter Australia as air cargo at Melbourne for mandatory 10 days of quarantine (unless entering from New Zealand). This means that the cargo department of the commercial airline transporting your pets. You can contact your airline's cargo department and ask whether an agent will be required to book transport. Most commercial airlines require an agent to book transport for live animals flying as air cargo.

We do not know your specific route; however, Qantas will fly snub nosed breeds as long as temperatures are not extreme.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X