Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling with two large dogs across country, any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with two large dogs across country, any tips?

I have never traveled more than an a few hours with my two dogs (each around 55-60lbs) and I'm driving from Washington to NC in January. Any tips to help the trip go a bit smoother with my two furbabies? I already have a list of hotels that will allow them to stay when I need to stop each night. And I do plan on bringing everything of theirs (since I'm leaving them with my mother in law until I get a place that allows pets). And I know they should be updated on shots, and I need to have those shot records with me. Is there anything else I am forgetting? Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Traveling with two large dogs across country, any tips?

I assume you are traveling by car. I have 2 large dogs and travel with them about 5-6 times per year in the car. Most important thing is to get them used to it. Take short trips to dog parks, etc. Try to harness them, but certainly don't allow them near the driver. Mine sleep a lot in the car. Also, cut down on their chow. Lots of great tips here: http://www.pettravel.com/passports_travel_by_car.cfm.

Comment

Working...
    X