Moving from WI to FL with two Persian 12 year old cats---need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from WI to FL with two Persian 12 year old cats---need input

I am moving in five weeks and have two Persian cats, I have paid for them to travel in the cabin with my friend and I and have contacted Airtran and they have stated no documents are needed. I talked to two vets, both said they are needed. One cat is terrified of people so I wanted to sedate him for the three hour trip, the other has had some nasal issues but is fine around people. Their normal vet states he does need to see them prior to giving me certification--they have enough stress with the move, the other is a mobile vet and she told me Persians may die on airplanes due to their pushed in noses. Needless to say I am distraught and do not know where to turn to find out the real situation and what is really needed. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Moving from WI to FL with two Persian 12 year old cats---need input

Most veterinarians do not approve the giving of medical tranquilizers and some airline forbid them for medical reasons. There is no reason why your cats should have any additional breathing problems other than normal ones while traveling in the cabin. AirTran does not require health certificates for pets traveling in the cabin. I do not think you need to be concerned. The cats must travel in approved in cabin pet carriers that will fit completely under the seat in front of you. There are also homopathic pet relaxers that are safe to use. You may wish to visit www.pettravelstore.com
    Jerry

Comment

Re: Moving from WI to FL with two Persian 12 year old cats---need input

if you book cabin for your cats then i think there would not be any problem to those cat.
      you can easily travel with those cats.

Comment

Working...
      X