Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you book for your dog to stay when going on holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you book for your dog to stay when going on holiday?

My mother went to Spain this Summer for a short break and always has problems trying to find accommodation for her dog. She normally has to call round several hotels every year to see whether they will accept her dog and often has to pay an extra charge if Molly goes with her. This year, she went to Granada and was able to enjoy lots of nice long walks, see all the sights and be able take her best friend with her. Instead of a hotel she booked a holiday villa in Granada and was able to take Molly with her at no extra charge. In the past she has paid anything in excess of 100€ for Molly to come too and to sleep on the floor.
    It was also a very flexible option for her in that she could dine out if she wanted to and leave Molly at home or even grab a few ingredients at the supermarket and made dinner at home. But with tapas available left right and centre, I get the impression that she didn't do that very much! She said the weather was fantastic while they were there and Molly had a fantastic time running around the beach during the day.
    So yes...just wanted to share this experience with you all as I have read a few posts of people having trouble trying to arrange accommodation and thought it might be of use to you!

Re: Where do you book for your dog to stay when going on holiday?

We have a holiday home on the Paris and have always wanted to drive from USA to Paris Ibiza so that we could take our dog with us. I would like to know if anyone has done this???

Comment

It is really a good idea. We never thought to do so. We never take our doggy in journey. We keep luicy in my uncle's house because I found it so risky.

Comment

WOW........This is really cool ideas and you are right emile1isabel.

Comment

We've never had a problem finding good quality dog friendly hotel accommodation, In fact we've just returned from a short break in Wales in a hotel near St Davids. What a destination for dogs, tonnes of amazing footpaths and beaches. Would recommend.
          Last edited by admin; 04-04-2012, 08:59 AM. Reason: no linkbacks

Comment

Its a good idea but if you are traveling internationally then its very difficult and expensive. and the best way is to leave your dogs at friends or family places .

Comment

Hello, once told you again I think it is wrong to long drive but i am impressed to see that your love with your dog .Why not you hide your dog in car back and go may be you will got this with you in paris.

Comment

If at all possible it is better to bring your pet with you, it is almost like a bonding experience to travel with your pet. Sometimes it is safer to leaver you pet at home or with someone you know and trust, but if this is not an option and you are forced to leave you dog at a kennel or so called "doggy hotel" then it is most likely better for you to take your pet with you instead of leaving them at a miserable place while you are out enjoying yourself.

Comment

When I always try to go on holiday with my parents and lovely my dog. Last year we went for Malaysia to see natural scene and swim also when I descended got down to bathe down; my dog also with me and began to swam with me. He was also interesting with me. My parents suggested me to leave a secure palace. But I was happy with my dog. :

Comment

Hey there, I am allen and I am 19 years of age. I am going on holiday to Brazil and I want to take my 2 dogs with me and want to know if this is possible. I am not sure with what airline I am flying yet because I want to know if there is a pet-friendly airline around that will take my 2 dogs with me as I do not want them to be alone for 6 weeks at our home.

Thank you!
                    jimmy

Comment

Brazil is not a difficult country to take a pet to. You can find lots of information here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/brazil.cfm.
                      Finding an airline should not be difficult as long as your pets are not of the snub nosed variety (e.g. bulldog, boxer, etc.) Find an airline that serves the entire route as airlines do not interline pets.
                      Susan

Comment

Thanks for the nice idea!

Comment

I'm so surprise to discover this post... thanks I lot now I have a lot of options for my pet ...

Comment

Allen - it is possible to bring your dogs with you although they will have to travel as cargo. Find an airline with the most direct route and do not change airlines. You can find info regarding import requirements for pets here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/brazil.cfm
                            Susan

Comment

I don't have much idea about hotels but yes, many vacation rental companies do allow pets in rental homes and apartments.
                              The Rental Management Company

Comment

Working...
                              X